DECIDING HOW TO SELL
If you have ever re-modelled your home, you likely realized that the best way to protect your investment of money was to hire a professional.
The same can be said for the sale of a house. Given that your home is likely your largest and arguably most important investment, it is a wise decision to enlist the services of a specialist. It should come as no surprise then that nearly 4 out of every 5 homes in North American have been entrusted to a Real Estate Professional.
Homebuyers are especially wise to enlist the services of a Real Estate Agent because the seller pays for the seller’s and buyer’s agent commission fees. However, keep in mind that as a seller, the assistance of a Real Estate Agent can serve to ensure you are able to sell your home quickly and for top dollar. By utilizing their expertise you can market your home effectively, draw as many eligible buyers as possible, and ultimately make your home shine amongst the competition. Indeed, hiring a seller’s agent can be a step toward better protecting your investment.
The relationship between a home buyer or seller and their agent is akin to a marriage. The cornerstones of this relationship are trust, mutual goals, and understanding. A Real Estate Agent is entrusted with the important task of always keeping their client’s best interests in mind.
What to look for in an Agent
- An understanding of your needs.
- A willingness to work with you until your needs are fulfilled.
- A sense of professionalism.
- Someone who is dedicated to their profession.
- A familiarity with the area in which you have an interest.
- A familiarity with the price range in which you have an interest.
- Professional designations
- Strong references from previous buyers.
Questions to ask a prospective Agent
- How long have you been in Real Estate?
- Are you a full time agent?
- Are you familiar with the area in which we want to look?
- How many home sales did you participate in last year?
- What is the average sold price of the homes you sold last year?
- Do you normally work with sellers or buyers?
- How many buyers are you presently working with? How many sellers?
- Where do you feel your strengths lie?
- What 3 buyers that you have worked with can you give me as references?
If you would like to fast forward to your free non-obligation consultation, click here to contact Doug Blackstock directly!
It is also recommended you take a look at the exclusive industry insider reports found in the “Home Sellers Guide”. You will find answers to a wide range of questions, from 27 essential sellers tips to questions pertaining to divorce & your home!